The University is committed to being a leader in academic world through excellence in teaching, research and people, while placing utmost value on the freedom to conduct academic activities, subject to the highest standards of academic integrity and honesty.
The University positions itself as a focused elite research university at the cutting edge in all target fields of pursuit with global influence. We bring together global thought leaders to foster interaction, and partner with government, business and industry, to make significant contribution to the economic and social development both locally and nationally. In addition, we encourage and commend our faculty, staff and students to dedicate themselves to service to the local community.
The University stands for the can-do spirit with responsibility and integrity. We cherish entrepreneurial and innovative thinking for solutions to problems in daily work. We cultivate a community characterized by the traits of risk-taking, willingness to overcome challenges, innovativeness, creativeness, and trust in oneself. This also implies that the University provides an environment for students and faculty to pursue entrepreneurship.
Type of Program – Undergraduate Programs
- Post-Secondary Qualifications: Completion of at least one year full-time study in an Associate Degree, Higher Diploma or undergraduate studies in a post-secondary institution
- High School Qualifications: Completion of high school graduation requirements; and
- Completion of any school-leaving public examinations
Reference Information to Reflect the Intake Quality or Competitiveness for Admission
- Normally, a GPA above B+/80% is expected in your post-secondary studies.
- In addition, attainments in high school exams taken in the past will be useful information for preliminary assessments
English Language RequirementsTOEFLOption 1: Internet-based test (iBT) Total Score (in one sitting): 80
Option 2: Paper-delivered Test Combined Score: 60
IELTSOverall Band: 6.0
Prepare the following documents
- Copies of national ID card and/or travel documentation
- A personal statement
- School reports from Grade 10 onwards
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Public examination result certificates, if any
- Proof of significant prizes and/or awards, if any A
- Academic referee
- Application fee of HKD450 (~USD58)
Online Application Systemhttps://join.ust.hk/apply
Tuition fees and the costs of University-provided accommodation differ for local and non-local students. To help you pursue your dream at HKUST, the University provides various forms of financial support, including admissions scholarships for outstanding students upon admissions.
Online Application System : 28 Sep 2020
Early Round Application: 28 Sep – 20 Nov 2020
Main Round Application: 21 Nov 2020 – 14 Jan 2021
For more information, please visit Official Website.